The Importance of Outdoor Advertising
Outdoor advertising is a platform for creating brand awareness and building brand visibility and popularity. In the last couple of decades, outdoor advertising has become prominent but more than that technology has enhanced it further so that you can get the best out of it. The two benefits of outdoor advertising according to Dr. James M. Maskulka, PhD., are:
- Outdoor advertising offers a perfect creative canvas for companies to deliver their brand message
- Secondly, outdoor advertising can fit into any transformational advertising strategy. Transformational advertising simply means implanting into the mind of a user, a message or an image regarding a differential product advantages.
The importance of outdoor advertising lies in its benefits, which includes:
- Outdoor advertising can deliver a relevant message to the mass/targeted audience with ease and efficiency
- This advertising medium offers consistency as well as stability when it comes to delivering brand awareness
- It is able to provide more clarity regarding the focus of the brand
- With the help of outdoor advertising, you will be able to strategically place the brand message
- One of the biggest advantages of outdoor advertising is that the cost on a CPM basis is much lower vis-à-vis other advertising mediums. In some cases it can be lower by a factor of 10 or 20.
- There are different types of promotional displays that you can offer to the audience. There are in excess of 40 types of outdoor advertising mediums but the most commonly used include billboards, hoardings, posters, bus signs, airport ads, building wraps, mall posters, stadium signs, bench advertising, transit shelters, and much more.
- There are plenty of options in the type of billboard you choose. You can have a simple printed advertisement in a variety of colors or a brighter and illuminated 3D rendition of the advertisement, which will glow in the night. You can also look at the new age building wraps, which are massive attention receivers!