Do’s and Don’ts For Effective Advertising
Outdoor advertising is one of the most integral mediums of advertising for businesses. From Coca Cola to Calvin Klien, you will find almost all the ‘BIG’ brands with great taglines vying for outdoor space. But there are some Do’s and Don’ts for effective advertising outdoors and they are:
- Always book outdoor space in advance especially during holiday season
- Always choose a printing company who can offer you several options, cut costs and offer savings, and incorporate all your requirements
- Choose an outdoor printing medium based on the type of audience you need to target. For example: if you are targeting the daily commuter then billboards would be perfect. If you are targeting the audience in a particular event then fence wraps would be perfect.
- Choose an outdoor space based on the type of audience you need to target. If you are targeting the youth then places like the theaters, beach, downtown, pubs and other places would be great for attracting them. If your target audience is corporate then the office areas, subway, and airport would be great.
- Make sure your logo and the tag line is bold enough for people to see. It should not get lost in the product or the images displayed.
- Check your competitors and their advertisements
- Don’t use the same medium for advertisement across all target audiences
- Don’t use the same ad copy and messages for all advertisements in all places
- Don’t convolute the message or add too much detail.
- Don’t use too big an image
- Don’t make the advertisement too big or too small
- Don’t forget to highlight the logo and the tagline
- Don’t be too formal or too informal.
- Don’t make the advertisement look and sound confusing