How to Creating an Advertising Plan
Creating a strategic advertising plan is never easy and there are several factors that you will need to take into consideration. Here is what you need to determine first:
- The objective of the advertisement: What is it that you want to accomplish or achieve?
- How will you be able to achieve the objectives? The steps that will take you closer to your objective
- What will be the cost incurred to achieve your objectives
- How will you measure the results?
You will need to answer the above questions as it will create the base for your advertising campaign and you will also be able to outline a budget for the advertisements. Once you have the budget, you will need to identify the following:
- What mediums will be used for advertisement like print, electronic and web.
- In print, what vehicles or platforms will you use? You can use newspapers and magazines. But if you want the impact to be greater and if you have the budget then you can choose from various outdoor advertising vehicles like vinyl signage, fence wraps, billboards, and building wraps.
- Identify whether you will use a combination of different advertising mediums or use one particular medium.
On the basis of the medium you choose, your advertising plan will be drawn. The advertising plan will also be influenced by several important factors like:
- Advertising strategy
- The brand
- The concept
- The target audience
- Duration of the advertising campaign
- Competitive analysis
These are all important ingredients that will help in successful implementation of an advertising plan. The two things that you need to keep your focus on at all times are your target audience and the brand. Depending on how the audience reacts to the brand, you can even change your advertising plan.